Eggs, glorious eggs. If it’s protein you’re after, then eggs aren’t a bad choice. They’re versatile too. Boiled eggs, fried eggs, there’s so much you can do with this delicious form dairy. And, don’t forget, they’re super easy to cook too!
Here’s just a few of our favourite egg-based breakfast recipes you can whip up really quickly. Cos tasty doesn’t need to be tough. Give these a go and be sure to let us know how you get on over on @grenadeofficial!
Spiced scrambled eggs
This one’s super easy, but we’ve added in some spice for something extra special.
1) Start by frying off chopped chorizo, baby tomatoes, a small onion and a small red chilli in a pan with a knob of butter
2) Fry for 2-3 minutes until all ingredients are softened and crack in two eggs. Add in a splash of milk and salt, pepper and coriander to season
3) Scramble your eggs until cooked and serve with toast for a spicy start to the day!
An oldy, but a goodie. Don’t disregard this egg staple. The best thing about an omelette is you can pack it with as many ingredients as you like! After more protein? Throw in some spinach. Want to add a little more flavour? Mushrooms and onions are a great choice. Here’s how to whip up the perfect omelette:
1) In a large jug, whisk together three eggs, milk and salt and pepper
2) If you’re going to add in ingredients such as mushrooms, onions or any meat, chop these up and fry off in a pan before adding to the whisked eggs
3) Heat up a large frying pan, melting in a knob of butter
4) Once your pan is at a medium heat, add in your egg mixture and allow to cook. Use a spatula to stop the edges of the egg mix sticking to the pan
5) After 2-3 minutes, the eggs will start to solidify, and your omelette will start to form
6) To finish, pop your pan under a pre-heated to grill to ensure your omelette is cooked on top – alternatively, you can flip your omelette half way through cooking but grilling is the safer option if you’re clumsy!
A little fancier than your average breakfast eggs (served in ramakins means fancy, right?) but, you guessed it, super easy too! Perfect for those solo breakfast mornings or use a large skillet or pan to create a dish that’s sure to impress.
1) First, half fill a ramakin with chopped tomatoes. Add in salt, pepper and chilli flakes to season
2) Next, add in a handful of wilted spinach into your ramakin
3) Make a small well in the ramakin and crack in an egg. Then place your ramakin in a preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes
4) Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
And it doesn’t get much easier than that! How do you like your eggs in the morning? Well, if it’s any of the above, be sure to tag us in your recipe photos on Instagram! For more breakfast inspiration, get yourself over to our blog, where we reveal 3 more of our fave high protein breakfast recipes – enjoy!